AP PHOTO: Pro-Palestinian Turks shout slogans “death to Israel” as they protest against Israel, at the entrance of Israeli ambassador’s residence in Ankara, Turkey, Monday, May 31, 2010.
These past few days it seems a lot of people in Jordan have been keeping an eye on the approaching aid ships set for Gaza in an effort to break the Israeli blockade that has been suffocating Gazans for the longest time now. Most, including myself, simply assumed that Israel would shoot at the ships and, as usual, Israel did not fail to meet the low expectations we constantly set for it. The self-proclaimed “most moral army in the world” boarded the ships in international waters (there’s a law against that, right?) and shot dead 10 unarmed activists, wounding dozens more.
There’s really nothing to say other than express one’s outrage and surmounting frustration that never seems to be hindered when living in a region drowning in low expectations. Israel illegally boarding NATO-inspected aid ships in international waters and then shooting unarmed people, who it claims were wielding knives and clubs, is perhaps the perfect analogy for Israel’s continued occupation of Palestine.
But here’s the ultimate low expectation: the world will remain fairly silent. US President Obama, who meets Netanyahu tomorrow, will either blame the activists or Hamas for the massacre. Turkey will probably be the only one to demand a public apology from Israel, and, if worst comes to worse, will temporary sever diplomatic ties.
This will all be forgotten by the time the World Cup starts.
Now, let’s sit back and see what happens next.
Meanwhile, in Amman, protests are already starting up as people march from the Associations complex in Shmesani to the Prime Minister’s office on the 4th circle – but I highly doubt they will last long. Photos can be found on 7iber.Recommends: couponpizzeria.com | In United Kingdom you need yo have a prescription to buy Viagra at local pharmacy. | pharmacy no prescription
- cellulite treatment commented on The Best Internet Service Provider In Jordan: 2010 Edition (Yes, Orange Is Still Terrible)
- anti cellulite treatment commented on Shooting Your Foot: Jordan’s Afghanistan And CIA Connection
- cellulite treatment commented on On The Closing Down Of Places During Ramadan & Debating The Real Issues
- cellulite treatment commented on HM Queen Rania Misquoted On Islam
- Beautifull Butt commented on Political Corruption Amidst Jordan’s “Decent Housing For Decent Living” Initiative
- Claude commented on Sixty Six